Foundations of Legal Research and Writing
List Price: $ 196.95
Last checked best price : $ 87.97
Kindly click the buy button to get latest prices
Thank you for visiting AttorneyNext. Support us by buying products through our links.
- The text examines legal research, analysis, and writing from the working paralegal’s perspective, and uses a hands-on approach to teach the skills readers need for successful careers.
- Written for the reader with little or no legal experience, the book delivers topics using a conversational tone that easily draws students into the material.
- Intriguing examples of actual situations where inadequate research and writing caused professional problems helps readers identify hazards in the workplace-and avoid career-limiting mistakes.
- Annotated sample documents include tips for writing more effectively, while building confidence through practice.
- The updated appendices provide supplemental information on a variety of legal subjects-from Mechanical Errors and Citation Rules to Technology and Web resources- making it a great reference for the classroom and beyond.
FOUNDATIONS OF LEGAL RESEARCH AND WRITING, Fifth Edition is the ideal resource for paralegals. The book’s up-to-the-minute coverage tackles the ever-evolving areas of computer-assisted research and Cyber law, in addition to traditional legal research, analysis, and writing. Extensive research chapters address primary and secondary sources, citating, Lexis/Nexis, the Internet, and more, while writing sections center on drafting client opinion letters, pleadings, contracts, office memos, memoranda of law, and appellate briefs. Every chapter gives you practice writing opportunities, as well as traditional and computer-assisted research assignments to help develop your skills. Detailed case excerpts, samples, tips, and discussions further support the assignments, and illustrate the many perils of inadequate research and poor legal writing. Readers everywhere agree that FOUNDATIONS OF LEGAL RESEARCH AND WRITING, Fifth Edition delivers the concepts you need for success in the most demanding law firms and legal departments today.