Women and Policing: Classic and Contemporary Readings (Aspen College)
List Price: $ 56.95
Last checked best price : $ 57.98
Kindly click the buy button to get latest prices
Thank you for visiting AttorneyNext. Support us by buying products through our links.
Virtually unique in the field, Women and Policing in America deals with women as criminal justice professionals, rather than as victims or perpetrators. It is the only coursebook offering a diverse selection of peer-reviewed articles devoted to women in American policing. With comprehensive, accessible chapter introductions by co-authors who are among the most authoritative and respected professionals in the field, Women and Policing in America will become a foundational text for this rapidly growing area of research, college study and employment.
Hallmark features of Women and Policing in America:
Foundational, peer-reviewed articles on provocative topics, including:
- Tribal policing.
- Minority female officers.
- Lesbian officers.
- Police women in administrative roles.
- Affirmative action, unions, and female police employment.
- Use of force.
- Gender and stress.
- Diverse readings cover the chronology of and context for:
- Issues spanning the entire arc of a female police officer’s career.
- Developments affecting women in American policing.
- History of women in policing–from the first police matrons to today’s female police chiefs.
- Comprehensive, accessible chapter introductions by authoritative co-authors place readings in context.
- Challenging, engaging overviews of each topic.
- Extensive reference lists, suggested readings, and areas for future research.
- Chapter 1. The History of Women in Policing
- Chapter 2. Hiring, Training, Retention, and Promotion
- Chapter 3 The Police Role and the Acceptance of Women in Policing
- Chapter 4. Workplace Experiences of Women in Policing
- Chapter 5. Police Practices: Women on Patrol
- Chapter 6. The Future of Women in Policing